By Oz du Soleil
By Claus Fuhrer, Jan Erik Solem, Olivier Verdier
- Your final source for purchasing up and working with Python numerical computations
- Explore numerical computing and mathematical libraries utilizing Python 3.x code with SciPy and NumPy modules
- A hands-on advisor to imposing arithmetic with Python, with entire assurance of the entire key concepts
Python can be utilized for greater than simply general-purpose programming. it's a loose, open resource language and surroundings that has great power to be used in the area of medical computing. This e-book offers Python in tight reference to mathematical purposes and demonstrates how you can use a variety of ideas in Python for computing reasons, together with examples with the most recent model of Python three. Python is a good instrument to exploit whilst coupling medical computing and arithmetic and this ebook will train you the way to take advantage of it for linear algebra, arrays, plotting, iterating, features, polynomials, and lots more and plenty more.
What you are going to learn
- The vital syntactical parts of Python
- The most crucial and easy kinds in Python
- The crucial construction blocks of computational arithmetic, linear algebra, and similar Python objects
- Plot in Python utilizing matplotlib to create prime quality figures and pics to attract and visualize your results
- Define and use features and learn how to deal with them as objects
- How and whilst to properly follow object-oriented programming for medical computing in Python
- Handle exceptions, that are a tremendous a part of writing trustworthy and usable code
- Two features of checking out for clinical programming: handbook and Automatic
About the Author
Claus Führer is a professor of clinical computations at Lund college, Sweden. He has an in depth instructing checklist that comes with in depth programming classes in numerical research and engineering arithmetic throughout a variety of degrees in lots of various nations and educating environments. Claus additionally develops numerical software program in examine collaboration with and got Lund University’s college of Engineering most sensible instructor Award in 2016.
Jan Erik Solem is a Python fanatic, former affiliate professor, and at present the CEO of Mapillary, a highway imagery laptop imaginative and prescient corporation. He has formerly labored as a face popularity specialist, founder and CTO of Polar Rose, and machine imaginative and prescient crew chief at Apple. Jan is a global financial discussion board expertise pioneer and gained the simplest Nordic Thesis Award 2005-2006 for his dissertation on photo research and development popularity. he's additionally the writer of "Programming desktop imaginative and prescient with Python" (O'Reilly 2012).
Olivier Verdier all started utilizing Python for medical computing again in 2007 and bought a PhD in arithmetic from Lund collage in 2009. He has held post-doctoral positions in Cologne, Trondheim, Bergen, and Umeå and is now an affiliate professor of arithmetic at Bergen college collage, Norway.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Variables and simple Types
- Container Types
- Linear Algebra – Arrays
- Advanced Array Concepts
- Error Handling
- Namespaces, Scopes, and Modules
- Input and Output
- Comprehensive Examples
- Symbolic Computations - SymPy
By Foster Provost, Tom Fawcett
Written through popular information technology specialists Foster Provost and Tom Fawcett, info technology for enterprise introduces the basic rules of information technological know-how, and walks you thru the "data-analytic pondering" helpful for extracting helpful wisdom and company price from the knowledge you gather. This consultant additionally is helping you know the numerous data-mining innovations in use today.
Based on an MBA direction Provost has taught at long island collage during the last ten years, Data technological know-how for Business presents examples of real-world company difficulties to demonstrate those rules. You’ll not just enhance conversation among company stakeholders and knowledge scientists, but additionally how take part intelligently on your company’s info technological know-how tasks. You’ll additionally realize find out how to imagine data-analytically, and entirely enjoy how info technological know-how equipment can aid company decision-making.
- Understand how facts technological know-how matches on your organization—and how one can use it for aggressive advantage
- Treat info as a company asset that calls for cautious funding if you’re to realize actual value
- Approach company difficulties data-analytically, utilizing the data-mining method to collect reliable info within the greatest way
- Learn basic innovations for really extracting wisdom from data
- Apply info technological know-how ideas whilst interviewing info technological know-how activity candidates
By Andreas L. Symeonidis
This publication addresses using info mining for smarter, extra effective brokers, in addition to the problem of producing intelligence from facts whereas moving it to a separate, potentially self reliant, software program entity. Following a short assessment of information mining and agent know-how fields, the e-book offers a strategy for constructing multi-agent platforms, describes to be had open-source instruments, and demonstrates the applying of the technique on 3 assorted cases.
By Xuhua Xia
Data research in Molecular Biology and Evolution introduces biologists to DAMBE, a proprietary, straight forward laptop software for molecular facts research. the original mix of this e-book and software program will let biologists not just to appreciate the motive in the back of quite a few computational instruments in molecular biology and evolution, but in addition to achieve rapid entry to those instruments to be used of their laboratories.
Data research in Molecular Biology and Evolution serves as an very good source for complex point undergraduates or graduates as good as for execs operating within the box.
By Alexander Felfernig, Lothar Hotz, Claire Bagley
Knowledge-based Configuration contains wisdom illustration formalisms to seize complicated product types and reasoning the way to offer clever interactive habit with the consumer. This e-book represents the 1st time that company and educational worlds collaborate integrating examine and advertisement merits of knowledge-based configuration. Foundational interdisciplinary fabric is equipped for composing versions from more and more complicated services. Case stories, the most recent examine, and graphical wisdom representations that bring up realizing of knowledge-based configuration supply a toolkit to proceed to push the bounds of what configurators can do and the way they allow businesses and shoppers to thrive.
- Includes certain dialogue of state-of-the paintings configuration wisdom engineering methods resembling automatic trying out and debugging, redundancy detection, and clash management
- Provides an summary of the applying of knowledge-based configuration applied sciences within the kind of real-world case experiences from SAP, Siemens, Kapsch, and extra
- Explores the economic advantages of knowledge-based configuration applied sciences to enterprise sectors from prone to business equipment
- Uses suggestions which are in response to an instance laptop configuration wisdom base that's represented in an UML-based graphical language
By Peter Pepper
Dieses Lehrbuch gibt eine kompakte Einführung in die Konzepte, Methoden und Techniken der funktionalen oder applikativen Programmierung. Es setzt keine Programmierkenntnisse voraus und eignet sich damit insbesondere für Anfänger, aber auch für alle, die mit der imperativen Programmierung vertraut sind und sich in die Thematik einarbeiten möchten. Mathematisch fundiert werden die theoretischen Grundlagen der Programmierung und ihre praktische Umsetzung behandelt. Das Ziel dabei ist, auch große Systeme entwerfen und handhaben zu können. Am Beispiel der modernen Programmiersprachen Opal, ML, Haskell und Gofer werden sowohl elementare als auch weiterführende Aspekte vorgestellt. Im Vordergrund stehen dabei immer konzeptuelle Fragestellungen und nicht vollständige Sprachbeschreibungen.
Algorithmen bilden das Herzstück jeder nichttrivialen Anwendung von Computern, und die Algorithmik ist ein modernes und aktives Gebiet der Informatik. Daher sollte sich jede Informatikerin und jeder Informatiker mit den algorithmischen Grundwerkzeugen auskennen. Dies sind Strukturen zur effizienten business enterprise von Daten, häufig benutzte Algorithmen und Standardtechniken für das Modellieren, Verstehen und Lösen algorithmischer Probleme. Dieses Buch ist eine straff gehaltene Einführung in die Welt dieser Grundwerkzeuge, gerichtet an Studierende und im Beruf stehende Experten, die mit dem Programmieren und mit den Grundelementen der Sprache der Mathematik vertraut sind. Die einzelnen Kapitel behandeln Arrays und verkettete pay attention, Hashtabellen und assoziative Arrays, Sortieren und Auswählen, Prioritätswarteschlangen, sortierte Folgen, Darstellung von Graphen, Graphdurchläufe, kürzeste Wege, minimale Spannbäume und Optimierung. Die Algorithmen werden auf moderne Weise präsentiert, mit explizit angegebenen Invarianten, und mit Kommentaren zu neueren Entwicklungen wie set of rules Engineering, Speicherhierarchien, Algorithmenbibliotheken und zertifizierenden Algorithmen. Die Algorithmen werden zunächst mit Hilfe von Bildern, textual content und Pseudocode erläutert; dann werden info zu effizienten Implementierungen gegeben, auch in Bezug auf konkrete Sprachen wie C++ und Java.
By Maxwell Dayvson Da Silva, Hugo Lopes Tavares
Harness the ability of Redis to combine and deal with your initiatives efficiently
About This Book
- Learn the best way to use Redis's information varieties successfully to control huge facts sets
- Scale Redis to a number of servers with Twemproxy, Redis Sentinel, and Redis Cluster
- A fast paced consultant, jam-packed with real-world examples that will help you get the easiest out of the beneficial properties provided by means of Redis
Who This ebook Is For
If you're a useful developer with event of operating with info constitution servers and wish to spice up your project's functionality by way of studying approximately good points of Redis, then this publication is for you.
What you'll Learn
- Build analytics functions utilizing Bitmaps and Hyperloglogs
- Enhance scalability with Twemproxy, Redis Sentinel, and Redis Cluster
- Build a Time sequence implementation in Node.js and Redis
- Create your individual Redis instructions by means of extending Redis with Lua
- Get to grasp protection concepts to guard your info (SSL encryption, firewall ideas, simple authorization)
- Persist info to disk and examine the trade-offs of AOF and RDB
- Understand tips on how to use Node.js, personal home page, Python, and Ruby consumers for Redis
- Avoid universal pitfalls while designing your subsequent solution
Redis is the preferred in-memory key-value information shop. it's totally light-weight and its info kinds provide it an aspect over the opposite rivals. if you want an in-memory database or a high-performance cache approach that's uncomplicated to exploit and hugely scalable, Redis is what you need.
Redis necessities is a fast moving consultant that teaches the basics on information kinds, explains how one can deal with info via instructions, and stocks stories from substantial gamers within the industry.
We initiate by way of explaining the fundamentals of Redis through a few of the facts kinds equivalent to Strings, hashes, lists, and extra. subsequent, universal pitfalls for varied situations are defined, by means of ideas to make sure you don't fall into universal traps.
After this, significant variations among patron implementations in personal home page, Python, and Ruby are provided. subsequent, you are going to find out how to expand Redis with Lua, get to understand defense concepts resembling simple authorization, firewall ideas, and SSL encryption, and become aware of how you can use Twemproxy, Redis Sentinel, and Redis Cluster to scale infrastructures horizontally. on the finish of this publication, it is possible for you to to make use of the entire crucial good points of Redis to optimize your project's performance.
Style and approach
A useful advisor that provides the basis upon that you would be able to start to comprehend the services of Redis utilizing a step by step method. This ebook is filled with real-world difficulties and in-depth wisdom of the ideas and contours of Redis, with lots of examples.
By April Reeve
Managing information in Motion describes innovations which have been built for considerably lowering the complexity of coping with process interfaces and allowing scalable architectures. writer April Reeve brings over twenty years of expertise to provide a vendor-neutral method of relocating information among computing environments and structures. Readers will study the suggestions, applied sciences, and most sensible practices for handling the passage of knowledge among desktops and integrating disparate info jointly in an company environment.
The general enterprise's computing atmosphere is constructed from hundreds and hundreds to hundreds of thousands computers which were equipped, bought, and purchased over the years. the information from those a variety of structures has to be built-in for reporting and research, shared for company transaction processing, and switched over from one structure to a different while previous structures are changed and new structures are acquired.
The administration of the "data in movement" in firms is swiftly changing into one of many largest issues for enterprise and IT administration. facts warehousing and conversion, real-time facts integration, and cloud and "big facts" purposes are only the various demanding situations dealing with companies and companies at the present time. Managing info in Motion tackles those and different themes in a method simply understood through company and IT managers in addition to programmers and architects.
- Presents a vendor-neutral evaluate of the several applied sciences and strategies for relocating information among desktops together with the rising options for unstructured in addition to dependent information types
- Explains, in non-technical phrases, the structure and elements required to accomplish info integration
- Describes the way to lessen the complexity of dealing with process interfaces and allow a scalable information structure that may deal with the size of "Big Data"